On September 11-12, 2019 in Balikpapan, Indonesia, International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICONIT) was held successfully by collaboration between Research Synergy Foundation (RSF) and Institut Teknologi Kalimantan (ITK).
This conference was participated by researchers, lecturers, students, and professionals from Indonesia, Ghana, Italy, Egypt, and Taiwan. With various circles of researchers coming from abroad, it is hoped that researchers in Indonesia can gain new knowledge to be able to compete globally.
The opening was started with a prayer led by Mr. Muhammad Gufron, S.Pd.I, M.Pd.I
Then Welcome remarks from Dr. Eng. Lusi Ernawati, S.T., M.Sc. as conference chair of ICONIT.
Next, Founder of Research Synergy Foundation Hendrati Dwi Mulyaningsih said the purpose of the conference was to increase international publications for Indonesian researchers, especially students and lecturers from ITK.
The Opening Speech from Mr. Himawan S.ST., M.T. as Dean of Department of Industrial Technology and Process
The conference also opened with remarks from a performance of “Tari Selamat Datang Dayak”.
Continuing with the speaker from the first keynote, Prof. Ir. Budi Santoso, M.Sc., P.hD.
Second speaker is Marco Taliche, P.hD. from PM2 Engineering, Italy.
Third speaker is Prof. Pan Min Chun from National Central University, Taiwan.
The last speaker is Dr. Eng. Agus Haryono as Deputy of Engineering Indonesia Institut of Science, LIPI, Indonesia.
Next is the question and answer session between all participants, audience and keynote speakers. Question and answer session was run very well. All participants really enthusiast to ask about the speaker’s topics and the speakers give the best answer regarding the question from all the participants.
This session was run very quickly and we already in the end of opening ceremony, and it closed by group photo of all the participants, invitations, speakers, and committees.
Parallel session begun after lunch in the 3 separate rooms. In this session was divided by two parts. The first was presentation session and the second was discussion session.
All the presenters had delivered/ shared their research and work eagerly at the presentation session.
Feedback from the session chairs also given to all presenters in order to motivate and encourage them.
While the presentation is done by each presenters, there is discussion session. The audience can directly ask questions, comments, or give other suggestion regarding presentation.
In brief, the participants received feedback from the session chairs and improve their research from the discussion session among participants/ audiences. After the presentations session done, they got the certificate of presentation.
Finally in the closing ceremony, it was announced for participants who received the Best Paper and Best Presentation. Best papers were chosen by scientific committee of reviewers who had read the research previously. The Best paper are:
- Budiani Fitria Endrawati, Barokatun Hasanah, Vicky Mudeng, Kresna Prasetya Pamungkas, Ahmad Maulana Rizki, Ramadhani, Ezekiel Miracle Bintang A with research title “Heart Beat Monitoring Device with An Optical Sensor”.
- Achmad Ferdiansyah, Nanda Novalia Nabila, Sofia Putri Salsabila with research title “Extraction of Garlic Oil using Microwave Ultrasonic Assisted Extraction Method”.
In addition, Best Presentations were chosen by the session chair in charge of presentation sessions in each room. They assess each participants presentation based on evaluation form. The Best Presentation are:
- Ms. Inggit Kresna Maharsih with research title ” The Effect of Beeswax and Chitosan Concentrations As Superhydrophobic Coating on Wound Dressing
- Mrs. Putu Dana Karningsih with research title “Risk Management Of Offshore Aquaculture Operations
- Ms. Diesta Iva Maftuhah with research title Social Mapping Framework to Identify Readiness of Sustainable Community based Offshore-Aquaculture in the Coast of South Malang, Indonesia
- Mr. Vicky Vendy Hengki Mudeng with research title “Single Phase Power Sensing With Developed Voltage and Current Sensors
- Mr. Muhammad Ghifari Fadhilah with research title “Automation of Student’s Final Project Using Processmaker (case Study: Kalimantan Institute of Technology)
- Mrs. Nani Kurniati with research title “Lean Implementation On Production Process And Maintenance Practice For Productivity Improvement
You can access all documentaries in this link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ResearchSynergy/